Cheers to another year! I’ve been lucky enough to have circled around the sun 26 times, and I am beyond ecstatic to see what the next time around will hold. I’ve come to the conclusion that I am so blessed to be surrounded by some of the most incredible people who’ve helped fulfill my heart and soul.
They say it’s bad luck to share what you wish for, but that can’t be true. So while I do blow out those candles atop a cake my mom bakes to celebrate my birthday, I’ll be wishing for one thing. To continue to be reminded just how incredible life is, from the ordinary moments to the extraordinary ones. I’m so lucky to have wonderful people in my life who make this journey worth while, and I never want to forget that!
If you’ve read my last Weekly Little Wins, you know how insanely busy and hectic my weeks were in meeting with people and getting my shit together! In a nutshell, I caught the travel bug and finally went on that Big Sur road trip with Rhodora and pretty much planned my end of the year travels. I am SO excited because in just a few weeks I’ll be in New York!
Life is good, you guys. Life is good.
But now, to get back on the Weekly Little Wins grind, here are my wins for this past week! Which are pretty great!
8/29 – 9/4
- Finally had the chance to catch up with Kelsey aka Honey Side Up at the cutest shop called Baba Coffee. We had coffee and beer, which is pretty much the best combination ever!
- Ended up checking out Leap Coffee in Carlsbad as well and got to meet Anneliese!
- Went over to James Coffee and got to catch up with Gerardo
- Ended up eating at Crack Shack with Gerardo and Leslie
- Met up with Courtney at Queenstown for the Lady Killas event she hosted
- The podcast episode I recorded with #CreateLounge is live! MAMA I MADE IT!
- Spent majority of my Thursday with Tricia
- We had brunch over at Breakfast Republic
- We went to Moniker to have some beer and take some photos
- Seriously had some great inspiration and talks with this one, and I’m so excited for what’s to come for the both of us!
- Met with Jaymie and got to enjoy some dessert at Baked Bear, YUM!
- Friday was well spent and got to end my evening over at James Coffee and chatted with the owner, David, about some new roast he’s about to release, the importance of community, and all that good stuff!
- Ended up checking out the Breaking Barriers art show at La Bodega!
- Hung out with Ramel at ThChrch and met some rad folks!
- Ended the week with tacos and good vibes at Carnitas Snack Shack!
I’m excited, overwhelmed, and feeling all the good vibes. These past few weeks have been SO GOOD to me and just adds to the realness that make up my Weekly Little Wins!
7/25 – 7/31
- Met with Rhodora over coffee at Communal Coffee and finally made travel plans to check out Big Sur! CANNOT WAIT!
- Went to 85 Degree Bakery and tried their new baked goods!
- Met with Alisha of Fiercely Optimistic at Pannikin Coffee for a Coffee & Convos! She was so sweet, she even gave me a pencil set with maps on it!
- Had a meeting with Justin, Owner of J.Wok and Public Good, chatted about social media and plans about his new collection releasing! Super excited to work with him and what Public Good stand for!
- Went to Heartwork Coffee Bar and met with Daniel. Later in the day, JonJon met up with us as well. We ended up chatting until Heartwork closed, got food at Bronx Pizza, and stayed until closing there too! Definitely living for days like this when I get to connect with rad people and just shoot the shit.
- Attended my first Beers and Cameras meet up with Daniel and JonJon!
- Started at Modern Times and had some brews and finally got to meet Juan, the man behind the meet up!
- Went to One Door North, which is a DOPE spot that has all the camping and adventure vibes I could ever ask for. I got to meet some rad folks like Zim, Justin, Leslie, and Courtney!
- Got interviewed by Beers & Cameras as Coffee & Convos – SO NERVEWRACKING!
- Ended up at Bluefoot and talked with some folks from the Beer & Cameras crew and may even be collabing in projects in the near future! Excited!
- Got to go to Creative Mornings with Scott Lewis as the speaker on the topic of ‘Love’
- Heard all about how vulnerability is incredibly important when telling your story and I loved how passionate he was about journalism and pushing the envelope in that world.
- Got to run into Ramel of ThChrch, Ian, and Zach of Live a Great Story!
- Had a Coffee & Convos with Cara of Kyoto State! Stay tuned for the article releasing very soon!
- Drove over to Palm Springs for the night to meet with my family!
- Had a BLAST spending time with them, and making new memories.
- Checked out the Cabazon Dinosaurs on the way home and LOVED IT!
- Enjoyed a Cali burrito to top off my rad week, then met with Jon Jon, Stevie, and Daniel over in North Park to complete the night!
I feel the wanderlust more so than ever, spending most of my days daydreaming of driving up the coast to see Big Sur and flying across the country to touch down in the concrete jungle known as New York. There are so many places I have yet to see, but I know in due time I’ll get to see them. And lately, I’ve been coming across so many travel quotes that inspire me so I wanted to share them!
I am LOVING these Weekly Little Wins lately. Maybe because all I do is win win win no matter what! (haaaa, cheesy song lyric reference) But, seriously! This week has been incredible, and I’m hoping to keep that momentum going!
- Enjoyed lunch with one of my favorite coworkers, Sarah, and had a much needed happy hour at Eureka! All the carbs!
- Got some macarons from the ‘Lette gals! SO GOOD!
- Finally had the chance to catch up with Nancy!
- Went to try Poke 1 1/2 and it was SO good
- Tried out the new Square Bar Cafe – tried the green tea crepe cake, the green thai tea, and the house sea salt coffee (all which were equally delicious)!
- Received some goodies in the mail from a dope artist named Paul Contreras who specializes in coffee art! Check out his stuff!
- Had a chance to catch up with Tiff at Communal Coffee before she left to San Francisco!
- Went to Achilles Coffee and got to see Daniel and have a brief Coffee & Convos with him.
- Tried Snoice with the family! SO GOOD!
- Went to the Live a Great Story 2 Year Anniversary
- Got my hands on a new mug and a dope enamel pin
- Got to see Ramel aka Real J Wallace perform! SO DOPE!
- Ran into some awesome creative friends, and finally met Phoebe from SD Letters!
- Worked on Coffee & Convos business at Por Vida with JonJon and enjoyed a horchata latte
- Ended up eating at Salud in Barrio Logan and had bomb nachos!
- Saw Ramel at ThChrch and toured his awesome creative space and met a dope dude named Dre!
- Went over to Border X and ran into Sean Horton and Roxy Prima and met some new folks and talked about all the things!
- Got to meet with Maria, Ian’s sister, over coffee at Communal Coffee and had some delicious avocado toast and an iced lavender honey latte! Such great company!!
- Finally booked my flight for my Birthday in September – it’s official, y’all! I’m going to NEW YORK CITY!
- Caught up with Karla – we washed her car and ended up having a picnic at Liberty Station, our old adventuring stomping grounds!
- Ended my week finishing the second season of Jane the Virgin! SO BITTERSWEET! OH MY GOODNESS!
Have you ever had those moments when you just feel like everything is falling into place? I felt like this week has had a series of those moments and I couldn’t be happier. Like every interaction was just meant to be. It could’ve also been the times I experienced Déjà vu throughout the week.
Nonetheless, this week served as another reminder to myself to keep pushing forward no matter what. And that there people, situations, and distractions put into your life to do just that… to hold you back. And we gotta just keep going regardless of what those things/people are doing or not doing. Because at the end of the day all we have is ourselves, right?
P.S. Major thank you to JonJon for capturing some of these photos! I appreciate it!
It’s been 3 years.
3 years since I’ve lost the love of my life. Yet gained the most important person in return… me.
I guess it’s true what they say, that time heals all wounds and that it may take either twice as long or half as long the time you’ve been together to get over the person you were with. Luckily I’m here to report to you as the latter. Three years later, I’m looking back at these 1096 days (one added day because of leap year) and realizing how much of a blessing in disguise this breakup was and what a life changing experience it is.
In hindsight, losing the “love of my life” was the best thing that has ever happened to me. And though I may never get the chance to thank this person I once considered spending the rest of my life with, I can only wish him the same amount of happiness if not more that this whole experience has taught me.
I’ve found love and most importantly experience love through everything. Love in myself, love in my closest friends, love in my family, and love in simplicity. I’m living life with a greater appreciation for the small things in life, and finding the beauty in the world I had once missed. From seeing the allure as lights reflect on the unfamiliar San Diego streets washed over with rain, to singling out the whistles in the breeze while watching the sunset and at the same time having wind whip through my already messy hair, to being in the presence of people who fill my heart with so much love that it hurts.
I’ve found my happy place. And it’s here. In me.
Weekly Little Wins is again in full effect and this week entailed a lot of consumption of Pokemon Go (even though I don’t actually play) and work work work!
7/11 – 7/17
- Met with JonJon at Communal Coffee! Had a meeting of the minds discussing future projects and a collaboration in the near future!
- Ran into Michael and chatted all about his #colorsofguatemala art show that just happened and is happening again in August!
- Hung out with John and had more coffee and ended up getting a delicious avocado toast topped with prosciutto!
- While John went Pokemon hunting at Balboa Park, I was able to explore and take some photos!
- Emerline posted an awesome write up about Coffee & Convos, and I couldn’t be more thankful! It is truly amazing to be surrounded by such supportive people! Check out her article here: Talking with Coffee & Convos
- Stopped by Por Vida to get a much needed Horchata Latte pick me up and had the prettiest pour from Manny!
- Launched Jamie’s Coffee & Convo live up on the site!
- Got another coffee, this time a Canela Brown Sugar drink that Manny again KILLED the pour!
- Went back to Por Vida the following day to meet with Ku’uipo for Coffee & Convos!
- Got to meet the cutest bull terrier, named Badjak (who has his own IG of course!)
- Hung out with Karla and Khate over ice cream at Hammond’s and enjoyed a lychee cream and green tea combo! YUM!
- Went to Por Vida yet again on Sunday and this time to meet up with Ian and chat over coffee! We even tried a lemonade topped with espresso which was surprisingly good!
- Ran into Joseph, Yogi, and Sir Winston at Heartwork Coffee Bar and enjoyed an affogato and cold brew float just in time for National Ice Cream Day!
- Went to Liberty Market and hung out with the guys at Westbean (John, Gerardo, and JonJon) and had Poke GO yet again! Seems like a a recurring theme these past few Sundays!
And as I’m wrapping up this post getting ready for the week, I’m already dreaming of future travel plans, convos with rad people, and copious amounts of coffee! Have a great week, y’all!
I think it’s safe to say we all need a break from it all sometimes. I’m not talking about a vacation or packing up your stuff and getting a one-way to anywhere (although, that does sounds promising)… I’m talking about finding your escape.
The Weekly Little Wins has finally returned! I took a look back at my past posts highlighting my wins and thought to myself “why the heck did I stop doing this!?”
So here we are… with the return of Weekly Little Wins.
- Celebrated July 4th with Jaymie, Alison, and new friends! We were able to BBQ by the pool while catching the fireworks from Jaymie & Aaron’s balcony!
- Was finally able to sleep in after what felt like a few weeks without rest.
- Went to the G-Eazy and Logic concert at the Sleeptrain Amphitheater with Jaymie and Jess and had a grand old time! I even took them to Tacos El Gordo after to celebrate!
- Caught up with Steven and Gan (the geniuses behind Pop Pie Co.) over coffee at Bird Rock at their newest location.
- Stopped by Stehly Farms Market – a super cool marketplace that has locally grown produce and product!
- Checked out the future home of Pop Pie Co. and got a behind the scenes look before they open in the next month! SO EXCITED!
- Popped on over to Westbean in Liberty Market and got some coffee from my favorite baristas, John and Gerardo!
- Celebrated my brother’s 20th birthday with the family and got to eat delicious food and eat some cake!
- Finally had the chance to catch up with Melissa and talk all things creative and boys over at Park and Rec!
- Shared Char’s Coffee & Convo up on the site and in turn, she posted her favorite moment in June which happened to be our Coffee & Convos on her YouTube Channel! (MAMA I MADE IT!)
- Celebrated Alison‘s birthday at her place watching 13 Going on 30! Got to meet her awesome friends, sip on some wine, and catch up with Taylor!
- Spent the whole day with my girl, Jaymie!
- First of all, found VIP parking at Jaymie‘s house which meant I didn’t have to hike my way up to visit her.
- Got to hang out with Bella!
- Ended up getting some food at the Fish Shop in Encinitas after spending what felt like 30 minutes looking for parking
- Went down to the Bro-Am fest and met with Jess and her hubby, Colin!
- Got to listen to Switchfoot while sippin’ on some Suja juice!
- Went back to Jaymie’s house and got to have a BBQ with her family! They are seriously the sweetest and most welcoming people in the world, I am so lucky!
- Finished Season 1 of Peaky Blinders!
- Got my usual coffee at Westbean and got Poke Go with John!
- Ended the evening with coffee and conversation with an old friend, Alec, and even running into another friend, Chris of Clever Talks, while at Cafe Bassam!
Had quite the eventful week spent with some awesome people, so I can’t wait to see what the next week will hold! Don’t forget to take a peep at Coffee & Convos and check out Char’s YouTube video!
What was a highlight of your week?!
Over Memorial Day weekend, I flew to meet with my family for an overdue vacation which lasted a span of 36 hours in Las Vegas.
I took a quick hour and a half flight from San Diego to Vegas and enjoyed staring at the sun while it set among the desert landscape. There’s no greater feeling than that I get from traveling. Even when it’s to Vegas. Ironically enough, I’ve never traveled to Vegas as a 21 year old nor was I ever into the whole “Vegas Night Life” scene. This trip didn’t change that mindset at all, but rather confirmed that that lifestyle just isn’t for me. And I just happened to visit on the same weekend everyone and their moms turnt up!