In relevance to my last post, I’m officially going on a road trip to Arizona! And I’m leaving TODAY. Which means I HAVE to create a post of my road trip essentials, right? Right! This is going to a be a bit different than what’s in my travel bag because this time – what I pack is kind of limitless… to what I can fit in the car anyway! *wink wink*
First things first, I’m traveling to Arizona to see my best friend graduate from NAU! And I couldn’t be any more excited for her. And since she’s only a few hours away from the sites I wanted to see in my wander-list for Arizona – it’s fitting I make the trip for a few days to both celebrate and explore! I can already hear the Grand Canyon calling my name.
As I’m preparing to pack and go on this venture, I decided it’s absolutely necessary to create a post with my road trip essentials!
- Music Playlist: No road trip is complete without a jam packed playlist from 90’s jams to that one Miley Cyrus joint about partying in the USA and to old school rap. Let’s just say there will be a lot of car-aoke-ing along this 8 hour drive to Northern Arizona! And I’m not one bit complaining.
- Cameras: Anything to capture and document memories with is perfect. I like to bring my DSLR for fancy and long range shots, my Polaroid camera for instant snaps, and use my phone camera for everything in between. I also just recently purchased a GoPro, so I’m really excited to experiment with that!
- Snacks: I’m all for snacks on the road, and I love munching on veggie sticks. I have the biggest sweet tooth, too – so you can only imagine all the yummy candy and chocolates I’ll be packing!
- Drinks, Refreshments, and a Cooler: We gotta stay hydrated and prepared throughout our travels. Always have water – it’s a must! In addition to that, I like to bring along my favorite cold brew coffee (My choices: Stumptown and Chameleon Cold Brew) – I find it more effective than regular coffee drinks and it’ll keep me perked up to drive the long distances. I also really like coconut water, it’s not only hydrating, but energizing too! Don’t forget to pack these cool drinks in a cooler to keep them, you know, cool.
- External Battery Packs/Car Chargers: Always, always, bring these! You’ll never know when your phone battery or GPS will die, so just in case – bring those chargers! Plus, you won’t be in such a panic when you want to gram your favorite pic on the road as your phone is about to die.
- Picnic Blanket: You’re bound to find a few spots during your travels to kick back and just sit down and enjoy the views – nothing better than spreading your blanket onto the ground so you don’t get dirty, plus it’ll be fun to create that ambiance. I’d also note to bring a pillow because someone is bound to snooze!
- Sunscreen/SPF: Always wear SPF! You can be driving in the sun for quite a while, and even making some surprise pit stops, so wearing some sunscreen definitely wouldn’t hurt.
- Ear Plugs or Ear Phones: In case you aren’t feeling the tunes or someone is in the back snoring, avoid the noise and either listen to some of your own choice or diffuse it altogether!
- Lightweight Jacket: The weather can change on you in a snap – be prepared by bringing a lightweight jacket that will provide protection against harsh wind or rain, and something versatile enough to wear when it’s just nice outside.
- Comfy Shoes: This goes without saying, but you want to wear some comfy shoes (and not to mention comfy clothes!). I like wearing sneakers because who knows, maybe you’ll find a rad spot you want to take some photos off the road or trail, it’s not only functional, but comfortable, and maybe even fashionable! My choice? I have my trusty New Balances and Nike Roshes to save my feet.
- Toiletries/Emergency Kit: You can never be too prepared! Bring hand sanitizer, wet napkins, tissues, baby wipes – anything can happen on the road and you could be in a pinch! From travel sized toilet paper to stain removing markers, check your travel section for anything that can work in an emergency situation – don’t forget the bandaids!
- Good Company: This is the absolute most important road trip essential – good company! What’s a road trip without the memories you’ll be making with an awesome friend along your side? I wouldn’t know… But I do know that bringing a friend along makes the road seem less lonely and more fun. Creating new memories with a bud is really the best part!
Though this road trip is only for a few days, I’m really excited! And as crazy as it sounds, eventually, I’d love to road trip across the country. So this is just a small prep for whenever that happens. Now that you’ve seen what my road trip essentials are, what are some of yours? I’d even love to know a few songs I should listen to while I’m there!