The last time I wrote a Weekly Little Wins Post was in January. To say it’s been a while is an understatement. I definitely got reinspired this last week. Be it the new energy in the air, the new month, or the fact that we’re nearing the end of 2017, I’m just here ready to document my week by continuing this Weekly Little Wins series!
10/01 – 10/07
- I got to spend time with Maria (Ian’s sister) and catch up after what felt like forever! We got waffles (my favorite, from no other than Wow Wow Waffle) and she gave me some awesome gifts for my birthday, and we explored North Park! Could you believe she hasn’t been to the majority of places I took her? I’ll have to curate a NP list of my favorite places soon!
- Afterwards, I got to see Ian for a bit before heading off to a #Slayer5k event hosted by Slayer, Birdrock Coffee Roasters, and Karl Strauss with Hannah. There was great food, delicious beer, and COFFEE!
- I must also add it was a highlight of my day when I saw someone I didn’t know wear an #UnfilteredSD shirt! MY HEART WAS SO HAPPY!
- The following evening on Monday night, I got to see one of my best friends, Leslie! We caught up over pizza from URBN, had a drink, and she gave me the sweetest gifts for my birthday. Guatemalan coffee, incense, and the cutest notebook I can write my affirmations on! It’s the little things, y’all!
- The same evening, I started meditating again. I use the Headspace app to help really get me centered and focused, and it was a great end to my day!
- On Wednesday, I got to see Ian for a bit. It’s been a little while so it was nice to see him and hang out, have tacos from Salud, and be in each other’s company.
- Thursday, I got to hang out with Hannah at Philz and catch up on everything! It was nice to fuel up on coffee, eat some delicious grilled cheese, and just share our visions on what we’re working on.
- Friday and Saturday were my days off this week, and I spent both days with people I truly love!
- On Friday, I got to hang out with Ian before he left to LA to shoot a short film (crazy right? so exciting!) And got to see Leslie. Leslie and I had coffee, met with Maria, and went to Yoga Nidra (a super awesome meditation class). I had quite the spiritual experience and got to share that with Leslie over some earl grey milk tea (my favorite!).
- Saturday was Riza‘s fashion showcase in Little Italy. It’s been so long since I’ve seen a lot of my friends since we’re all focused on our own thing, but this event truly brought people together and it was beautiful. Not to mention Riza’s pieces were just out of this world! I love how unique it was and how it was inspired by her travels. Then afterward, got to spend some time with friends, eat good food, and check out some awesome views!
I know I say this all the time that I want to keep up with this series, but I really do want to try! I’ve realized how precious moments are, and to document them is so beneficial just so I can look back and recall it all.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!