Here it is, guys… the first Weekly Little Wins of 2017. One of many! I spent my New Years Eve very lowkey with a majority of my family and even got to spend time with my best friend which was extremely refreshing. I did a lot of reflecting this past week and was able to spend it with a lot of loved ones and friends I admire. I’m excited to share this weekly little wins as a start of an amazing year!
01/01 – 01/08
- Spent New Years Day with loved ones and even got to meet up with some friends to brainstorm, chat, and talk about our upcoming year.
- Ended up seeing my family in LA and just in time to surprise my cousin for her birthday as well with some food
- We also checked out the old Los Angeles Zoo which was practically a playground of an abandoned zoo and I got a bit gutsy climbing the different structures.
- We ate tons of good food, enjoyed each other’s company and really spent some time just unwinding.
- Met with Dauche to chat about an upcoming event I have planned and am SO excited she agreed to be a part of it! Even got to meet with Quynh and Sage to talk about the same thing and they’re on board for the event as well!
- At James Coffee, I got to see a lot of my favorite people (JonJon, Quynh, Tricia, Sage, Siene) and even got to meet some new faces! It was so nice to be able to be around that creative energy and I’m so excited to share and shine light on what we’ve all been working on.
- That same evening, I met with Veej and Nancy. We all had dinner at Poki 1 1/2 and it was so fun! Afterwards we went to Young Hickory to put in some work and met with JonJon there as well. It was a good time! We even got to run into Jordan of Reindeer Club.
- It was a rainy day the following day but I got to meet briefly with Rhodora and exchanged photos from our last trip to SF!
- Spent the majority of the day at Communal Coffee putting in work with JonJon and listened to Sage’s new mix BELOVED, which was amazing!
- I had dinner with Karla at one of my favorite pizza spots, Bronx Pizza! YUM!
- Then I finally got to hang out and catch up with Kyle at Young Hickory and chat about our creative ventures and what we’ve got planned for 2017.
- The next day I went to Heartwork and met with the lovely Aminah to have a Coffee & Convos (the first of the year, woo!) and chatted all about her brand Pali Roots.
- From there I met with Veej and JonJon again and got those creative juices flowing and I even got to see Courtney and chat with her for a bit! YAY!
- Then lastly I got to end my evening catching up with Yoshi (I feel like I haven’t seen her in AGES) and finally got to see my god son and niece. Always say yes to homemade spaghetti and wine!
- The following day, I got to celebrate Heartwork’s 2 years! Congrats! And chatted with Aminah and met Antar! These two are blazing a trail with their talents and I couldn’t be more excited!
- I got to spend the rest of the evening with my best friend Ian before he left to travel the county for the next two months!
- Follow along his journey “The Creative Voyage” as he documents the journey of a tattoo artist in different parts of the country! It’s going to be amazing and I couldn’t be more proud of him!
If this first week was amazing and filled with creativity and amazingness, the rest of the year is going to be tenfold without a doubt.
Hope you all had an equally if not better first week of 2017, I can’t wait to share what’s brewing!