It’s been an eventful week to say the least, and I’m so excited for what I’ve gotten to experience just in the last few days on this Weekly Little Wins post.
I feel like life has given me another reminder that we are all in complete control of how we spend each minute and each day of our lives. Like I can’t get over the fact that I was in Chicago for 72 hours and it was kind of amazing with all of the things I was able to do and places I was able to see.
12/5 – 12/11
- Got to meet with Roxy and Phoebe (aka San Diego Letters) for an upcoming project I’m working on for work and it was surprisingly the first drink we all had together, but definitely not the last! YAY!
- Shot my lovely friends and favorite couple, Jaymie and Aaron along with their pups, for a holiday family photo! I had a blast with them and got to hang out with them for a bit which is always a good time. Jaymie and I even got tacos from Carnitas Snack Shack, where our friendship first began!
- Met with Matt and Tricia at Communal Coffee and got to learn about koogle.tv and enjoyed some coffee and conversation with them. Also ran into Veej and Sage which was a nice surprise!
- We then got to meet with Leslie at Underbelly as an early birthday celebration and of course, anytime with Leslie and Tricia together is a good time!
- Finally got my hands on some physical copies of Locale Magazine, the magazine I was featured in for Coffee & Convos while we went to Modern Times to grab a few drinks!
- On Thursday, I finally got to see Trysen and we got to catch up and talk about our collaboration with Olukai for Coffee & Convos. We are SO excited to share! Also have some cool shit up our sleeves for January, so stay tuned!
- Flew out to Chicago Friday morning with Rhodora! And once we arrived our first plan of action was to eat, and we enjoyed some delicious pizza! Read more on my fave pizza spot from Chicago here:
- Going to share all the shenanigans we got into in a separate Where Alyssa Wanders post for Chicago, so stay tuned! But in a nutshell, it was an amazing experience and I loved how we got to see practically everything on our list and then some.
- I also want to note the highlight that we witnessed two proposals in one day and a random lady went up to me and said “I want to see you with a man in the new year, I want to see you married.” So if that doesn’t tell you what a great time I had, I don’t know what will!
- We ended our trip on Sunday, woke up extremely early to catch a sight of the bean with no people there and it was just beautiful! And by the end of the day though our flight was slightly delayed, we got to go home and be in the warmth of our beds after a long weekend in snow and freezing weather (that we kind of loved).
- I also got to see Leslie again because she picked me up from the airport, and words cannot express how much I love her for being such a great friend!
You guys, life is good.
I really am so thankful and genuinely happy. And this past week was an ultimate reminder that the universe has been manifesting everything I’ve been asking for. My heart is so full, and I couldn’t be more excited for everything coming up in the next few weeks!