I’ve been aching to get out of San Diego for quite some time now. And I’d say I’ve had a bit of luck with my recent travels and creating these Wander-Lists as guides. Next up, I want to take a California Coast road trip (to add to my Summer Bucket List)! And take the scenic route instead of the I-5. I like to believe that if I put my wanderlust energy out into the world, I’d get what I seek in return! So I decided to compile the epic guide of things to do on a California Coast road trip just in case the universe wants to work in my favor so I can do all of this fun stuff.
Things To Do:
- Drive along Pacific Coast Highway 1, the scenic route!
- Take a stop at Santa Barbara and visit the Old Mission
- While in SB, check out Lotusland (a beautiful stretch of green and gardens)
- Check out Solvang, about 40 minutes away from SB, “California’s Little Denmark” and cycle, wine taste, and eat Danish food
- Check out Pismo Beach, and try Splash Cafe for their famous Clam Chowder
- Make a pitstop and tour Hearst Castle
- Finally end in Big Sur
- Go through Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and see the infamous McWay Falls
- Check out Bixby Bridge
- Walk through Limekiln State Park
- Hike Pfieffer Big Sur
- *One day check out the the Esalen Hot Springs*
- Visit Monterey and check out the aquarium I would go to as a kid, The Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Check out Shark Fin Cove
- If time permits, go to San Francisco and binge on coffee, delicious food, and good company!
*NOTE* During the summer, Highway 1 will have overnight closures Sunday through Friday 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM. (Big Sur Website)
Though this is an extensive list, I’d be glad if I just get to see Big Sur for a day! Crossing my fingers I do!
Image by All that is Interesting