I’ve never been a morning person and I’ve accepted that I may never will be. I will admit, I don’t always wake up early. I dread it for the most part, but once I do get my day started whether that is 8 in the morning or 11, it’s everything I do that follows that makes the flow of the day go pretty smoothly. So I wanted to share my morning routine with you and share some tips on how to have a great start to your day!
I Start my Day on the Right Foot… Literally!
Okay maybe not always my right foot, but I get up. I start my day with a nice stretch when I get up and meditate or at least try to for a good 10 minutes. From there I chug water, then get to my cup of coffee! I’ve always loved cold brew and as of late I’ve been loving the Natural Bliss Cold Brew Coffee from Coffee Mate! It’s super quick and easy, tastes delicious, and once poured onto a cup of ice it’s the perfect start to the day! I really love how smooth it tastes and paired with a cup of yogurt or a bowl of cereal, it’s the cherry on top!
After eating breakfast (and sadly, I don’t always – I know, super bad habit), I’ll hop into the shower and turn up the tunes! I always love jamming out to some music while in the shower and getting ready. But once I’m done and clothed that’s when I’m ready to apply my makeup! From there I tune into a podcast episode or two. I’ve been loving Magic Lessons by Elizabeth Gilbert and The Gary Vee Podcast, they never fail to inspire me and keep me motivated throughout the day!
I’m a pretty simple gal, and sometimes I don’t always get around to doing all of what I had mentioned. But my secret to a great morning is always, without fail, a good cup of coffee! Now onto some tips you can incorporate into your morning routine to jump-start your day!
Tips on How to Jump-start Your Day
- Hit snooze! Only once, though (I’m terrible at this, but I TRY so hard)! Take those extra 5-10 minutes to mentally clear out your head and gain that control of your day! Plus, if you hit snooze, maybe it’s your body telling you to catch up on some rest from hustling the night before.
- Open up those blinds! Brighten up your space with the incoming sunlight! If your alarm won’t wake you, the sunshine sure will! And even if it’s cloudy, maybe just take a step outside and breath in the fresh air. It’s always refreshing either way!
- Drink Water! Start the day off with chugging down a cup of ice cold water, it wakes me up and keeps me hydrated! Add a squeeze of lemon for an extra boost. And if you’re anything like me, enjoy a cup of joe to kick start your day right after so you’re super awake and caffeinated! This is perfect before your breakfast meal!
- Meditate! Whether it is an audio guided meditation, yoga or stretching, reading a book (which is what I like to do – check out my top 5 fave books if you haven’t already!), or even journaling… start your day by meditation! Be mindful and intentional, it will clear your mind and get you ready for the day ahead!
- Speaking of intentions, set your intentions for the day! I like to write three things down that I’d like to accomplish that day. Whether it’s finally getting to that task I’ve been putting off, reaching out to someone I haven’t talked to in a while, or squeezing in 30 minutes of cardio – I make sure I maximize my time and show gratitude.