Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating this holiday season! It’s about that time… When the pressures of fulfilling a resolution are at an all time high especially when most of us set such high standards. I think goal setting is an important component of starting anything, and starting off with smaller and realistic goals will be a lot easier to achieve. And we should all start the new year with a bang, right?! Remember: It’s all about progress, not perfection.
Here are my goals for 2015:
- To not settle for anything less. This may be out of habit or just being comfortable with routine, but I’ve noticed that I tend to settle for periods of time with certain things. I know my worth and I won’t settle for anything less than what I know I deserve. This year, it’s gonna be all about growth and opportunity and I can’t wait to see what 2015 has in store for me! #GirlOnAMission
- Finally learn how to swim. May sound a bit childish, but truth is – I don’t know how to swim for the life of me! And I know it’s completely possible, so I’m going to make an effort to swim. Even if it’ll be in a kiddie pool.
- Read at least one book a month. I love to read, and I have so many books on my list that I want to cross off! I’m kind of shooting for two books a month, but I want to start small so I know I can pull this off!
- Begin packing my own lunches. It’s no question I’m a huge foodie, especially with all of the amazing food spots to eat at here in San Diego. But because I’m getting “older” and because I want to be healthier, I’m going to make an effort to at least plan my meals ahead of time and pack my lunches so I can one, save money… and two, be a tad healthier.
- Launch my ‘top secret’ project. The planning and the passion put into my ‘top secret’ project has definitely been a labor of love. But I hope I get to share it all with you guys soon!
- Blog more frequently. As of late, I’ve been slacking off in the blogging world. But I want that all to change come 2015 because I have some exciting things planned ahead – including giveaways! So be sure to stick around and stay tuned for that!
- Be comfortable enough around new people to start conversations with them. I truly feel like I’m more introvert than I am extrovert. And I admire my friends who can go up to anyone and just talk to them like no big deal. Hoping I can at least start with a smile and a greeting then work my way up?
- Travel More. My case of wanderlust only increases by day. And the only cure? To travel, duh! First thing I want to do is get my passport. Then I’ll start planning for some awesome places to go… I can already see Oregon, Washington, New York, and even Europe in my near future!
- Improve my time management. I feel like the older I get, the less time I have to do anything! Please tell me that’s not just me. With a job, different projects, juggling a somewhat social life, and finding time to travel – it’s tough. And I really want to be someone who can do it ALL in a day – like wake up early, workout, eat breakfast, go to work, complete freelance projects, find time to meet with a few friends for a bite to eat after, and then wind down with a good book, and then end the day with yoga – a girl can dream, right? #Goals.
I’m so excited for what’s to come this year! What goals do you have for 2015?