Let’s talk about my 2015 best nine moments from Instagram!
2015 has been one crazy ride and I’m stoked I got to share a bit of it all with you through these photos. It’s safe to say that I’m keen on adventure, so it’s no wonder that a majority of the photos are taken while I’m doing some exploring… or eating.
- Oregon City Municipal Elevator: Oregon was the first part of my 10 day trip to PNW in February. And it was the first time I got to see lush greenery and be surrounded by the PNW hospitality. This was atop the Oregon City Municipal Elevator, overlooking Oregon City, which had a very mom and pop type vibe. I remember feeling incredibly liberated in that moment and at complete bliss. It’s moments like this that definitely made my 2015 worth while.
- Horseshoe Bend: Within the few day span I was in Arizona, Cheryle and I made a day trip to Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and the Grand Canyon. It was probably the longest I’ve driven a car in one day and it was completely worth it. This view was probably the highlight of my day that day. I felt like I was on top of the world with the Colorado River below us. One of the spots I recommend seeing in your lifetime!
- Donut Pun Mug: I’m a big fan of mugs… and puns. Who would’ve guessed other people are too?
- Balloons for Mark Andrew: This past year, a good friend of mine left behind a legacy. He continues to inspire everyone he’s touched in his lifetime, and I am so thankful to have known him. This day specifically was incredible… to see just how many people can come together to celebrate a generous and beautiful soul.
- Antelope Canyon: As previously mentioned, Arizona was definitely one trip I’ll never forget! Getting to see the beauty that is Antelope Canyon kept me in awe for the hour or so we were there. Through each step, you got to see the beautifully painted walls of canyons formed by flash floods. And it was just another reminder that Mother Nature can do no wrong.
- Pop Bar in Anaheim: A spontaneous trip to LA taken with my BFF, Ian, turned into a foodie trip for me. And of course we had to make an obligatory stop at Pop Bar. My Green Tea Kit Kat vs. his concoction. Got to explore DTLA and meet my friend from Seattle there, and ended the day with a sweet treat. ‘Twas a great day indeed!
- Streetcar Merchants Chicken and Waffles: Chicken and waffles… who could resist!?
- Verve Coffee Bar: The obligatory juice flight (and latte) from Verve Coffee Roasters in DTLA! Traveled to LA that day just so my good friend, Gretchen could get her hands on Eggslut before she went back to Seattle. That day was just too fun, not to mention it’s the same day that I got the call that I got the job that I’m currently in (and LOVING!).
- LACMA Urban Lights: The same day Ian and I went to LA – we had to stop by and see the infamous LACMA lights everyone knows and loves! It was a beautiful day spent in good company, and I only hope for more moments like this in 2016!
These memories were definite highlights of my year, among the in betweens that I didn’t share through photos… And I think it’s safe to say that I’m a summation of travel, food, and sarcasm – all you really need to add is more coffee and naps.
2016 holds an overwhelming amount of possibility, plenty of room for mistakes, and an abundant amount of opportunities to grow. With that said, don’t forget to check out my tips on how to have an awesome new year! (Not like you need it, though).
I hope you all embrace each day as if it were your last and ring in the new year with good company!