2017 has been the roller coaster ride I never wanted to end but always felt anxious while getting to the peak moments. In today’s post, I wanted to continue my yearly tradition of sharing my 2017 best nine moments from Instagram! I did this for a few years now, and it’s a great way to reflect and see what made it to the “top 9.”
- Thankful for the Coffee & Convos Event: I remember posting this after my first Coffee & Convos event of 2017 in collaboration with Olukai and Trysen (TKay2). My heart was SO SO full, and I was very much in this very mood of laughter and big smiles all around. Though this photo was taken a little bit before the event by Leslie, it was the perfect depiction of how I felt!
- Feelings of being smitten, experiencing pure bliss, and discovering self-love. This post was a reflection of discovering self-love and being open to love. I shared everything I felt in a blog post here, and I knew that I was on the right path. This photo was taken by Rhodora on our last trip of 2016 to San Francisco.
- This journey is never-ending. We’re always going and always growing. This photo was taken by Leslie during our trip in San Francisco in February and it was a blast! We went exploring and connected with so many great people, and in the midst of it all, she captured this – my RBF at its finest.
- You’re writing the pages to a book I want to pick up and get lost in over and over again. This was taken by Leslie during our spontaneous trip to LA and I was beyond stoked to check out the Last Bookstore with her. She took this picture even when there were a bajillion people in line waiting to take the same photo. And I also shared my top 5 favorite books in this blog post.
- Trusting the process. This was taken during a little weekend getaway with Ian to LA/Santa Monica. We got super creative and got to explore and get a bit out of our comfort zones as well as get a taste of what living together would be like. It was a balance of work, life, our passions, and everything in between, and this photo is one of my favorites that Ian has taken.
- Celebrating Ian’s Birthday! This photo was taken during Ian’s surprise party – the last part of my celebration for his big 3-0! We got to celebrate with all of his loved ones and I even did a recap vlog and blog post here!
- Sprinkling a lot of love! This was taken at the Museum of Ice Cream! Ian and I got to go this last Summer and had fun. Was it worth it? Check out my video here.
- Sometimes we have that itch to be transported to another world, and luckily we were able to just by traveling a few hours away. I shared a little bit of this creative trip with Leslie on this blog post here. I was inspired by the desert sands and the beautiful contrast of the red dress. I had so much fun exploring and I can’t wait for more trips to be like this! Check out more photos from this trip here.
- Pride Parfait from Project Juice: I was lucky enough to partner with Project Juice this past year to share their Pride Parade special they offered called the Pride Parfait, it was delicious and it was one of the first partnered opportunities I had this past year!
Though these were the “best 9” moments from Instagram, I’d say the best moments are the ones not shared on social media. I’ve had so many great memories made with friends, family, and loved ones this past year that a lot of people did not get to see purely for the fact that I didn’t feel the need to share it. So I did want to reflect on some amazing things that happened this past year, like…
- Hosting my first event of 2017 in collaboration with Olukai and TKay2!
- Speaking at the first Lady Killas event of 2017
- Launching The Casual Creatives with Nancy
- Exploring a lot more of getting out of my comfort zone and discovering self-love
- Traveling with friends and getting more in tune with my spirituality
- Getting into the healthiest and happiest relationship with Ian
- Hosting my first big event in collaboration with BRICK, the coffee community, and talented artists!
- Going to FYF with amazing people
- Celebrating my birthday in Portland with Ian
- Speaking on the PR Girl Series x PR Couture Panel
There are SO many other memories from this past year, but this is just another reminder that the greatest moments happen when you are present and intentional with your energy. 2017 has been one hell of a ride, and I’m stoked to get on to the next one!
2018, I’m ready for you!