As we scroll past the status updates of “New Year, New Me,” I want to take that idea and switch it up to New Year, Better Me. I did a brief recap of 2016 by sharing my best nine moments from Instagram, but I want to take a moment to reflect on the last year as well as share some of my upcoming goals for 2017!
2016 has truly been one of the best years of my life. It was the beginning of a lot of great friendships, opportunities, my tattoo addiction, and me catching the travel bug (which will probably never go away).
2016 in a Nutshell
I had my first taste of the Midwest when I went to Minnesota and hung out with Kayla and Devon earlier this year. Shortly after, I found myself exploring SF for Ian’s birthday in a bit of an extravagant way. Then I took my first ever solo trip to the big apple to celebrate my birthday! And during the duration of just a few months, I took some quick trips to Big Sur, Joshua Tree, and Chicago with my girl Rho!
Aside from squeezing in time to travel, I was also able to work and make a lot of progress on Coffee & Convos. I successfully launched the website and had a launch party to celebrate and it was one of the best moments of my life! Since then, amazing opportunities have come along like getting interviewed for two podcasts – #createlounge and One Degree of Separation, and I even landed an interview for Locale Magazine! Crazy stuff, I tell ya!
It’s amazing to see everything I’ve worked so hard for come to fruition just in the last year. I’ve strengthened existing friendships and got to meet people I can now call great friends whom I can’t imagine life without. I love that I have a solid group of people around me who continue to inspire me and push me out of my comfort zone. I’ve learned and grown so much in a matter of months, and I can’t even imagine what 2017 will be like!
My 2017 Goals
For 2017, I just really want to focus on bettering myself each day. I’m so ready to take on this new year with all that I want to accomplish, and it’s definitely time to take action! So in lieu of the new year, here are just a few of my 2017 goals:
- Be mindful.
- Great things take time, so don’t rush.
- Write every single day, no matter how much. Just write!
- Get my passport (finally) & travel somewhere international.
- Connect & create more.
- Drink lots & lots of water.
- Surround myself with good energy and gracefully distance myself from negativity.
- Have more earlier mornings & later nights.
- Disconnect more often & be present.
- Spend the majority of my day being productive & stop using being lazy as an excuse.
- Be intentional.
- Be better about time management.
- Continue to push past my comfort zone (be in front of the camera more, be more vulnerable, and be more unapologetic).
- Keep moving.
- Stay confident and know my worth.
The next 12 months and beyond are looking promising. And I can’t wait to share with you all what I have brewing! Here’s to positivity, laughter, genuine connections, and lots more love!