It was in that brief moment when I heard my name being called over the intercom while waiting in the long TSA line that I knew I would miss my flight. I’ve never felt so much anxiety before in my life and I just didn’t know how to cope once I saw those doors close and that plane leave without me. So now that I’m sitting here on stand by hoping to get on the next flight to San Francisco, I decided the best way for me to deal with this is by reflecting and blogging about it. So here I am sharing my 2016 best nine moments from Instagram.
The Year of Beginnings
Is it just me or did this year pass by like blur? 2016 has been an interesting year for everyone but I don’t think a lot of people give it enough credit. Despite the challenges and moments of defeat I faced, there were so many amazing moments that pretty much made this the year of beginnings for me. Without going on a tanget, I decided to recap a bit of 2016 by sharing the best nine moments from Instagram, similar to what I did for 2015!
2016 has truly been a whirlwind of adventure, new friendships, and eye opening experiences. And honestly I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Rise Festival: Damn, I remember this moment so clearly that it’s almost euphoric just recalling all the emotions I’ve felt. It was a moment of clarity and overwhelming love I got to experience with my good friends Karla and Jaymie. I also wrote about it in a #WhereAlyssaWanders post.
- Coffee & Convos: This shot was taken behind the scenes of a special shoot we did with Taylor (SandAndSequins) for her article for Belong Mag. I was in my element with a coffee in hand and laughter. I shared a few facts about me at the same time and talked a bit about how I love to connect with people over coffee.
- Another Rise Festival Photo: I captured this photo of Jaymie and it has to be one of my favorite photos of all time because it’s a direct reflection of the feelings we all felt that day.
- Skydeck Chicago: The moment I sat in a box 106 floors high overlooking the city of Chicago. What no one will tell you is how difficult it is to capture a photo because of the long lines and the plethora of people crowding the same box.
- The Bean, Millenium Park: This moment was absolutely breathtaking. Rho and I woke up at the crack of dawn to check out the normally crowded bean with no one in sight. And despite the freezing cold and the fact that we barely got any sleep, it was so worth it!
- Downtown Chicago: I saw this crosswalk with the word “Look” written on it and it reminded me to look for beauty in everything.
- Big Sur: This was captured while on the road to Big Sur with Rho. We decided to relax and kick back a bit before we pulled over to see McWay Falls and it was all kinds of magical!
- Make Shit Happen: This has to be one of my favorite photos Rho captured of me while we were in Chicago. With the freshly fallen snow, and me covered up in my favorite Happen beanie and At The Moment jacket, I couldn’t ask for more! More photos in the outfit post!
- Downtown San Diego: This was taken the day Leslie took photos for me and Nancy for our latest project, The Casual Creatives. I don’t oftentimes take a moment to admire the downtown skyscrapers or city skyline as much as I would like, so this was definitely a moment I wanted to cherish with some good company.
These top 9 moments are dictated by the amount of likes on Instagram, but that doesn’t mean that they’re the top 9 moments of my year. Honestly, this whole year has been full of amazing opportunity and magic and I couldn’t be more thankful!